QuickBooks is an accounting software solution that has become a necessity in every organization as accounting and payroll are most important functions there.
There is a company file in the software where all data is stored, which is ultimately used to carry out all the functions. However, there are instances where you may come across an error while working with those data because of some issues in the company file. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6138, 105.
QuickBooks error 6138, 105 is connected to company file that contains all accounting data to be worked with. A company file is a hub where the software retrieves or uses data from. The damage to this file may cause entire data loss. As a result, this error needs to be resolved as soon as possible to avoid the loss of data.
- Network problems
- System crash while the company file is being processed
- Malicious software such as viruses, malware, spyware, and ransomware
- It is recommended that you create a backup copy of the damaged file before you consider resolving the QuickBooks error 6138, 105 error using advanced steps or instructions.
- Users must keep a good antivirus software before implementing any step to resolve the issue
How to Fix QuickBooks error 6138, 105?
There are a few options that you can consider to resolve the issue based on the cause of the error.
Option 1: Install anti-virus
- Use the anti-virus you have kept
- Install the same
- Scan the full system
- Make sure there is no presence of malevolent software
- If there’s any, delete them
Option 2: Reset company file path
Once the above-mentioned steps are performed and the issue still persists, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to Preferences
- Click on it
- Change the directory for the company file to use
- Choose Browse
- Select the company file
- This will reset the company file path
Option 3: Use File Doctor
If Option 2 does not work, you can consider the third option of using QuickBooks file doctor. The steps to consider are as follows:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor tool online
- Install the same
- Run the tool
- Scan for errors with network
- Scan the company file if nothing is found in the network scan
- Fix the errors using the repair tool
In case you still face an issue in resolving the error or following the above-mentioned steps, you can contact Accountsportal.co QuickBooks Error Support helpdesk services for help and assistance.
Accountsportal.co Technical Support – Scope of Service
We offer efficient QuickBooks technical support to our customers and clients. Whether you have an issue with the understanding of how a particular software product is used or you have a problem in resolving an error, our Accountsportal.co technical team of experts for resolution make sure to offer instant help and assistance as early as possible. Our representatives are available to guide you 24*7.
You can connect with us at ✆+1-800-796-0471 for any further doubts and queries.