QuickBooks is excellent accounting software for small and large organizations to effectively maintain their company data. However, sometimes users may face some errors. QuickBooks Error 61 is one of them. QuickBooks Error 61 appears when you try to print, update, release, install, download, delete, uninstall, and if any corruptions and malfunctioning of hardware happen.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 61
- This can be a cause of Malware attack or virus assault on the QuickBooks.
- In case you are facing the failure of power that resulted in harm to your QuickBooks program.
- The QB company file that you were dealing with is corrupted.
- In case you trying to access the QuickBooks Company file, it is not saved in the local hard drive.
- In case the QuickBooks system faces a glitch.
Resolution For QuickBooks Error Code 61
Resolution 1: Rebuild Your QuickBooks Data
- Go to the File and then move to the Rebuild Data in the ‘Utilities’ option.
- You may get a pop-up message on the screen which asks you in case you need a backup of the data. Then click on the Ok button.
- Now, wait for the whole procedure to get completed.
- Then you will see another pop-up window which is saying the Rebuild of Data is finished. Then click on the OK button.
Resolution 2: Re-sort the chart of accounts list
- Click on the QuickBooks menu then go to the charts of accounts.
- Place the checkmark on ‘Include Inactive’ checkbox that is shown at the bottom of your screen.
- In the menu bar, click the view button and then choose the Re-sort list.
- A pop-up message says ‘Ensure you need to return the list into its original format’ will appear. Now click on the ok button.
- Then, verify the QuickBooks Company file once more.
- In case the error still occurs, then proceed to the next procedure.
- Make a new account and the harmed account must be merged in it.
- In order to verify the error is resolved, check once if you are able to access the company file.
Resolution 3: Re-Image Repair Tool
- Download the re-image repair tool and save the company file in the desktop.
- While downloading, open the location of the company file and then tap or double-click on it. After that, the installation procedure will begin.
- Once that is done, the Client account control will ask you if you want to run the program, then click on the ok button.
- It will demonstrate a pop-up message that has occurred on the screen.
- Then click on the install button in order to run the installation procedure, leave the box unmarked to allow the repair tool to run.
- Then, reimage will be downloaded on the computer; the internet connection will be needed while the program will download the basic updates.
- When the procedure is completed, it will show you in case a repair is required, and then click on the start repair button that appears on the right-hand side of your window.
- Now reboot the computer in order to complete the procedure.
Resolution 4: Update the QuickBooks to the latest release
- Go to the QuickBooks and open it.
- Press F2 or CTRL+1 on the keyboard
- Now, click on the product information
- Locate the new version.
- If there is any available update then update it.
These steps should resolve your issue. In case the issue still occurs, you don’t need to worry. Our Ap Experts QuickBooks experts can be called by dialing the 24*7 toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number ✆+1-800-796-0471. Get the best and reliable resolutions by our knowledgeable QuickBooks experts.