QuickBooks business accounting software is incorporated with powerful features that help in smooth business management. The software helps in smooth financial and accounts handling in all types of businesses. With the advent of QuickBooks 2017 Release 5 Update, that accords alterations, enhancements and error resolutions to QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2017, QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2017 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0 comprising of the updates to complex passwords, error fixing, creating a company file, and locate QuickBooks expert through the option and QuickBooks Help.
This update also fixes the spell error related to Inventory and accords install support for Microsoft Small Business Server 2011.
How to get QB to install the R5 update from the official website?
When you have successfully installed the update, in case you get the prompt to restart QuickBooks, moving further you need to end all QuickBooks R5 programs running in the background. Follow the steps below
- Open your system
- Go to Task Manager
- Highlight all applications that start with .qb, QuickBooks, or Intuit
- Click End Task at the bottom
Then open QuickBooks as the Administrator:
- Go to your desktop
- Click on the QuickBooks
- Click Run as Admin.
- Open QuickBooks again
- Check if it is prompting you to restart
Managing Complex Password Feature
- The QB users can login into a Company File and you do not have to enter username and password every time. Users only have to login with their username and password once in a regular basis to open the Company File or switch to a Company File without having to enter username and password, as long as they are using the same Windows user account. Users have to enter username and password again only if they have explicitly logged off from the Company File or when the login period has expired. Users selecting this new option must safeguard their computers and Windows accounts in order to ensure that their Company Files are protected. Ensure that this option will only apply to Client Company Files where Credit Card Protection is not enabled.
- The option is restricted in a Company File. The Company File’s Admin/Owner can enable this feature for all users by configuring a Company Preference:
- Desktop Pro/Premier customers users: Go to Company -> Configure Users and Passwords -> Manage Login Settings
- Desktop Enterprise customers users: Go to Company file -> then Users -> Manage Login Settings
- For all customers:Go to Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Company Preferences
- Further information about “managing complex passwords” is available at the official website of Intuit.
For further information, you can connect with QuickBooks customer care support. They are approachable through different modes like toll-free phone, email support and live chat option. The team is round the clock active to accord immediate support.
Else you can contact other QB third-party companies like Accountsportal.co. The company hires top QuickBooks professionals who are experienced and proficient in handling the QuickBooks issues in a very short time. Call to the QuickBooks Support Number +1-800-796-0471 and garner instant resolutions.