Sage 50 bookkeeping software is one of the multi-faceted and resourceful software, which can help small and medium-sized businesses manage the finances efficiently. Since Sage 50 stores some crucial data, its corruption can result in serious trouble. Hence, it is essential to understand how to fix data corruption in Sage 50, to be on the safer side. Alternatively, you can also call the Sage technical help team to fix the problem and get your answers to any queries you might have regarding data corruption.
What is Data Corruption in Sage 50?
Data corruption refers to when the data stored within the Sage software gets damage or not able to open up on giving a suitable command. The cause may be due to various reasons, such as:
- Sudden power failures
- Problem with the hardware and computer crash
- Other software programs interfering with Sage 50
- Network issues and so on.
The problem with Data corruption can be any one of the reasons, or a simple human error, such as the sudden closing of the computer on which Sage 50 has uploaded or pulled out a wire. Whatever the reasons may be, it needs to be addressed immediately, and calling our Accountsportal Sage 50 technical support for help can aid in fixing the problem instantly.
Data corruption can be a serious issue, as information (or data) might go missing from the software. The problem needs to be looked into, as soon as possible, to minimize the error or loss of data.
How to Fix Data Corruption Error in Sage 50?
If your data has corrupted, you can use the below-mentioned steps to fix them. However, before going to the resolution, ensure that you have a problem, and some data has been corrupted. To identify corrupt data files, run a routine check as follows:
- Go to ‘FILE’ on Sage menu and click ‘MAINTENANCE’
- Now, click on ‘CHECK DATA’
You will receive a list of ERRORS displayed if there is data corruption in your software. If not, you have saved this time. Call the accounts portal tech team to know more about the corruption of data files and what precautions need to be taken to avoid such errors. However, you can still call the technical help team if you receive an error, or go for the following resolutions.
Resolution – 1 Restoring back-up
Sage 50 software, thankfully, allows you to create a back-up of essential files. You can restore the back-up and save yourself from the loss of important data. To restore:
- Click on ‘FILE’ and select ‘RESTORE’ from the menu
- Now, from the list of files displayed, find the backup file for the corrupted one and click ‘OPEN’
- Select ‘OK’ and ‘YES’ when prompted, and enter the login details, and select ‘OK again to backup.
- Once done, click on ‘FILE’ and ‘MAINTENANCE’ to check ‘DATA’ to ensure the backup file is safe for use and not corrupted.
In case there are no backup files has stored for the corrupted file, you need to get help from our Accountsportal technical support team. It might require you to send data for repair to the Sage 50 tech support number. Call in the Sage helpdesk to understand what needs to be done to restore the files lost.
While file corruption can occur due to various problems, sometimes not under our control at all, what can save the day for us is taking precautionary measures, such as:
- Taking regular backups of the files created – Backups can help save not only data but all the hassles of re-entering details that might take a copious amount of time and precious man-hours to complete. Also, this might also save the downtime required to send the data to Sage for repair.
- Sage sends software updates regularly. Keep updating whenever there is one available.
- Keep the Sage error support toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471 handy and call for help as soon as you suspect a corruption error to minimize the damage.