This article guides users on how to delete a payroll instead of voiding it in Sage 50.
Sage 50 lets groups and employees within and outside companies to collaborate and share data. Sage 50’s usability makes it ideal for businesses from different industries. It allows companies to run payroll according to predetermined time-periods and it automates payroll calculations. It streamlines accounting processes and helps companies to manage employees more efficiently.
Sage 50 also lets adjustments to be made to the General Ledger accounts by using general journal entries. In Sage 50, users will often find that after Payroll is completed, it must be corrected at periods. This might happen if a time card is late, a garnishment was processed or a check was lost. Such scenarios call for distinguishing between deleting and voiding the Payroll.
Difference between deleting and voiding a Payroll check
- According to Sage 50, users can delete a check that has not been printed, accrued or posted. Otherwise, the check must be voided via ‘Void Checks’. Directly deposited checks (or those including a partial direct deposit) and manual checks have to be voided via ‘Void Checks’. Users can’t delete such checks via ‘Enter Checks’, even if they haven’t been printed, accrued, or posted.
- So, checks with ‘New’ or ‘Processed’ status can be deleted by users by going to ‘Tasks’-> ‘Enter Checks’. These checks will be found in the ‘New.prt’ file because checks that have ‘New’ or ‘Processed’ status have not been and can’t be posted yet.
- ‘Tasks’-> ‘Void Checks’ will always be utilised after the status of a check becomes ‘Printed’, ‘Manual’, or some variant of ‘Accrued’.
- These checks will be found in New.prt (Unposted) or Current.prt (Posted) files.
- Deletion of checks arises in these situations:
- There’s an error in the printout while direct deposits are generated by users
- In the Sage Event Logs, this message appears: ‘Check not processed. Employee [xxxx]’
- There’s an old check in a new file
- The new file contains an unwanted payroll check
Deleting the payroll check
- Users must navigate to ‘Payroll’-> ‘Tasks’-> ‘Enter Checks’. Then, after selecting ‘List’, they must choose the time entry view and select OK two times.
- Next, users must provide the employee ID and end date of the period, and then ‘Enter’ or ‘tab’ must be pressed for entering the check grid that’ located below.
NOTE: In case an employee has been deleted, users can also select the ‘Next’ button to go to the necessary check.
- Next, if needed, users must select ‘Chk Info’ to confirm that the correct check will be removed. For exiting the ‘Check Information’ window, users must select ‘Cancel’.
- Next, users must select ‘Cancel Check’ for going back to the ‘Enter Checks’ window’s top entry section.
- Then, users must select ‘Delete Check’, followed by selecting ‘Yes’ and finally ‘Finish’.
If users are unable to delete the check or need more information, they must call our Sage 50 Technical Support Team at Accountsportal.co. Our experts are ready to provide 24X7 at ✆+1-800-796-0471, worldwide help on a range of issues related to Sage 50 products and applications.