QuickBooks offers a good range of helpful preselects that match and work well the type of business you choose when you first set up your business with QuickBooks. This is done to offer you a convenient start to your company.
Not only this, at any point in time QuickBooks offers you a flexibility to add any number of business accounts to your existing company account and to remove any business account as and when needed.
Ways to change industry type in QuickBooks:
If you feel that the product base or type is not as per your expectations, or you wish to make a few changes to it then please follow the following points:
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Then go to ‘edit’ tab.
- From the drop-down menu please click on ‘Preference’ option.
- Here you can disable the aspects of the product base. Uncheck the aspects that you think you won’t use in future. Or disable things so that the new production base can match your expectation level. Basically, you need to tweak things as per your unique needs.
- You can delete the things that are of no use to you.
- Then you can give a new name to the product base preference.
- QuickBooks also gives you the liberty to you for adding new customized things.
Ways to match your account with different business types:
Sometimes there arises a need to fine tune your existing account with other business type accounts. In such a case you can take help from the following mentioned points:
- Firstly you need to download the Excel Chart of Accounts spreadsheet.
- In the Excel Chart of Accounts spreadsheet please add the listed accounts for your business.
Here is how you can recognize the business type accounts:
- Download the Excel Chart of Accounts spreadsheet from the QuickBooks support section of the Intuit website.
- Now please open the Excel Chart of Accounts spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
- Now, look for the option that says- ‘A1’. You may find that this option is named as ‘industry’ in your QuickBooks application. (It entirely depends on which version of QuickBooks you are using.)
- Now you will see a list of ‘company type’ options. Choose the suitable ‘company type.’
- Now click on ‘Ok’ after selecting the ‘company type.’
- You will now see a list of accounts displayed for your business on your computer screen.
Ways to deal with the chart of accounts in QuickBooks
- Launch QuickBooks on your computer.
- Go to the option that says- ‘Lists.’
- From the drop-down list please choose- ‘Chart of Accounts.’
- Now choose the type of account you aspire to add.
- At this step, QuickBooks will recommend a list of accounts for your business.
- Click on ‘Continue’ button.
- QuickBooks will now ask you to fill information for every account such as:
b) Account numbers.
c) Subaccount information.
d) Tax lines.
- After satisfactorily filling the information click on ‘OK.’
- You can follow the same steps for adding other accounts.
We take pride in making our customers satisfied. Therefore we hope this article proved itself to be a handy guide for ‘Changing industry type in QuickBooks.’ In case you feel the need to get a customized support for us, or you wish to give us your valuable feedback, you can feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471.