What is QuickBooks Error -6000 Means
When you are trying to open a company file suddenly you get a -6000, XXXX error message. This error usually followed by 3 or 4 more digits and message indicates that you are not able to open the company file.
The following errors are the different -6000 series errors you may encounter:
|-6176, 0||Firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupted|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|-6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|-6190, 816||Another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
|-6190, -85||It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)|
|-6000, -832||This error normally occurs when hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged|
|-6120, 0||One of the workstations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
IMPORTANT: Check once that QuickBooks Desktop is up to date. It is also suggested to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor before performing any solutions. The -6000 errors can happen on both local and network setup.
You are opening the file locally
This means you are opening a file that is saved on the same computer where QuickBooks is installed.
- Solution 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- Solution 2: Open a sample company file
- Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks file on the Desktop
- Solution 4: Restore a backup
- Solution 5: Use ADR to restore your backup
You are opening the file over the network
This means you are opening the company file saved on the server or another computer.
- Solution 1: Check if Hosting is turned on, on all workstation
- Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files and restart/rescan the Database Server Manager
- Solution 3: Open a sample company file locally installed on a workstation
- Solution 4: Open the company file locally
- Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
- Solution 7: Configure firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software
If you have to face any problem behalf of QuickBooks error -6000 fixing than calling our QuickBooks Error Support team toll free number ☎+1-800-796-0471 and Get Instant Solution for your Problem.